Harpagan Extreme Orienteering Challenge is the biggest orienteering event in Poland. It takes place twice a year: in April and October and it has been so since 1989. The motto of the Challenge is “We know ourselves only to the extent to which we have been tested” (Wislawa Szymborska, Nobel Prize laureate).
Over 1500 participants, among them the best Polish ultramarathoners, face the distance, map and their own weakness, regardless of the weather. Each time, the headquarters of the Challenge is located in a different city of Pomeranian Voivodeship and most of the competition takes place in woodlands. The checkpoints are confirmed by electronic Sport Ident system.
Every participant, who completes any of the Harpagan Classic routes within deadline, is awarded with the “Harpagan” Title. The term Harpagan describes a person who is vivid and full of energy as well as slightly mad and furious at the same time.
DATE & PLACE
- Date: 17-19 April 2020
- Headquarters: Lipuss, Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland, View in Google Maps
- Early fee - till 9.03.2020 (transfer)
- Normal fee - 10.03-6.04.2020 (transfer)
- Late fee - later than 6.04.2019 (transfer) or at the headquarters 17-18.04.2020 (cash)
- Normal fee - 10.03-6.04.2020 (transfer)
|Route codename||Route |
|First fee||Standard fee||Late fee|
|FAMILY TIME||TP10 walk/run 10km (12 y.o. or younger)||5||34 zł||39 zł||50 zł|
|TP10 walk/run 10km (13 y.o. or older)||69 zł||79 zł||100 zł|
|TR20 bicycle 20km (12 y.o. or younger)||4||34 zł||39 zł||50 zł|
|TR20 bicycle 20km (13 y.o. or older)||69 zł||79 zł||100 zł|
|INTERMEDIATE||TP25 (walk/run 25km)||8||109 zł||159 zł||200 zł|
|TP50 (walk/run 50km)||12||119 zł||169 zł||200 zł|
|TR50 (bicycle 50km)||6||109 zł||159 zł||200 zł|
|TR100 (bicycle 100km)||10||119 zł||169 zł||200 zł
|CLASSIC||TP100 (walk/run 100km)||24||119 zł||169 zł||200 zł|
|TR200 (bicycle 200km)||14||119 zł||169 zł||200 zł|
|TM150 (walk/run 50km + bicycle 100km)||19||119 zł||169 zł||200 zł|
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Colourful map (actualised while preparing the routes)
- Colourful start number
- Interesting starter pack
- Sport Ident System Support
- Hot meal at the finish
- Access to the shower (in headquarters)
- Medals for everyone at the finish line!
- Colourful diplomas for everyone
- Cups/medals for the best participants
- A place to sleep in a gym/classrooms (bring your own mat & sleeping bag)
- Medical support in headquarters and at some checkpoints (marked on the map)
- Water to refill bottles and food at some checkpoints (marked on the map)
- Organizers and volunteers support during the event
REQUIRED AND SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT
- Sport Ident chip (6, 8, 9). You can also borrow SI chip from us (extra fee 10 PLN + deposit 50 PLN)
- Clothes adequate to the weather conditions
- Food & beverages (if needed)
- Headlamp (classic routes)
- Front and rear lighting installed on your bike (route TR200)
- 6:00 pm – Harpagan headquarters opens
- 9:00 pm – start of TP100
- 10:00 pm – start of TP50N (by night) and TM150 routes
- 6:30 am – route TR200 start
- 7:30 am – route TP50 start
- 7:30-14:00 am – transition time for route TM150
- 8:30 am – route TR100 start
- 9:30 am – route TP25 start
- 10:30 am – route TR50 start
- 11:30 am – route TP10 start
- 12:00 pm – route TP50N finish
- 12:30 pm – route TR20 start
- 4:00 pm – route TM150 finish
- 4:30 pm – routes TR50, TR20 and TP10 finish
- 5:00 pm – closing ceremony for TP10 and TR20
- 5:30 pm – routes TP25 and TR100 finish
- 6:30 pm – route TR200 finish
- 7:30 pm – route TP50 finish
- 9:00 pm – route TP100 finish
- 22:00 pm – Official Closing Ceremony for all routes except TP10 and TR20
TP – stands for Foot-O route, TR – for MTBO route, TM – for mixed route
number – route distance
- by 9 am – participants have to leave headquarters
- Global navigation satellite receivers (incl. smartphones) with any maps installed are strictly forbidden. You can use your GPS/GLONASS receiver only to obtain distance/speed or record the track. Also any support (transportation, extra food/drinks) given by third party is not allowed.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTION?
- Write an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll answer as soon as possible!
STEP-BY-STEP PARTICIPANT APPLICATION
1. Fill in the form on the website:
2a. Make a transfer (early/standard/late fee):
- Name of organizer: PKO HARPAGAN, Ogarna 72 Street, 80-826 Gdansk, Poland
- Account number: PL 62 1090 1098 0000 0001 0362 6857
- SWIFT (BIC) code: WBKPPLPP
- Transfer description: Harpagan [YOUR ROUTE] [YOUR NAME]
2b. Pay just before the start at the headquarters (late fee) – cash needed!
3. Come and have fun!