„Harpagan” Extreme Orienteering Challenge is the biggest orienteering event in Poland. It takes place twice a year: in April and October and it has been so since 1989. The motto of the Challenge is “We know ourselves only to the extent to which we have been tested” (Wislawa Szymborska, Nobel Prize laureate).
Over 1000 participants, among them the best Polish ultramarathoners, face the distance, map and their own weakness, regardless of the weather. Each time, the headquarters of the Challenge is located in a different city of Pomeranian Voivodeship and most of the competition takes place in woodlands. The checkpoints are confirmed by electronic Sport Ident system.
Every participant, who completes any of the Harpagan Classic routes within deadline, is awarded with the “Harpagan” Title. The term „Harpagan” describes a person who is vivid and full of energy as well as slightly mad and furious at the same time.
DATE & PLACE
- Date: 21-23 April 2017 r.
- Headquarters: little town Cewice, Witosa 65 Street, Pomeranian Voivodeship. View in Google Maps
- Early fee - before 27.03.2017 (transfer)
- Standard fee - 28.03.2017-10.04.2017 (transfer)
- Late fee - later than 11.04.2017 (transfer) or at the headquarters 21-22.04.2017 (cash)
|Route codename||Route |
|Early fee||Standard fee||Late fee|
|CHILDREN||TP10 walk/run 10km (12 y.o. or younger)||5||20 zł||25 zł||30 zł|
|TP10 walk/run 10km (13 y.o. or older)||40 zł||50 zł||60 zł|
|INTERMEDIATE||TP25 (walk/run 25km)||8||70 zł||90 zł||110 zł|
|TP50 (walk/run 50km)||12||90 zł||120 zł||150 zł|
|TR50 (bicycle 50km)||6||70 zł||90 zł||110 zł|
|TR100 (bicycle 100km)||9||90 zł||120 zł||150 zł|
|CLASSIC||TP100 (walk/run 100km)||24||90 zł||120 zł||150 zł|
|TR200 (bicycle 200km)||12||90 zł||120 zł||150 zł|
|TM150 (walk/run 50km + bicycle 100km)||18||90 zł||120 zł||150 zł|
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Colourful map (actualised while preparing the routes)
- Colourful start number
- Hot meal at the finish
- Access to the shower (in headquarters)
- Medals/cups for the best participants
- A place to sleep in a gym/classrooms (bring your own mat & sleeping bag)
- Medical support in headquarters and at some checkpoints (marked on the map)
- Organizers and volunteers support during the event
REQUIRED AND SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT
- Sport Ident chip (6, 8, 9). You can also borrow SI chip from us (extra fee 10 PLN + deposit 50 PLN)
- Clothes adequate to the weather conditions
- Food & beverages (if needed)
- Headlamp (classic routes)
- Front and rear lighting installed on your bike (route TR200)
- 5:00 pm – Harpagan headquarters opens
- 9:00 pm – start of TP100 and TM150 routes
- 6:30 am – route TR200 starts
- 7:30 am – route TP50 starts
- 7:30-14:00 am – transition time for route TM150
- 8:30 am – route TR100 starts
- 9:30 am – route TP25 starts
- 10:30 am – route TR50 starts
- 11:30 am – route TP10 starts
- 3:00 pm – route TM150 finish
- 4:30 pm – routes TR50 and TP10 finish
- 5:00 pm – closing ceremony for TP10
- 5:30 pm – routes TP25 and TR100 finish
- 6:30 pm – route TR200 finish
- 7:30 pm – route TP50 finish
- 9:00 pm – route TP100 finish
- 22:00 pm – Official Closing Ceremony for all routes except TP10
- by 9 am – participants have to leave headquarters
- Global navigation satellite receivers (incl. smartphones) with any maps installed are strictly forbidden. You can use your GPS/GLONASS receiver only to obtain distance/speed or record the track. Also any support (transportation, extra food/drinks) given by third party is not allowed.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTION?
- Write an e-mail: email@example.com. We’ll answer as soon as possible!
STEP-BY-STEP PARTICIPANT APPLICATION
1. Fill in the form on the website:
2a. Make a transfer (early/standard/late fee):
- Name of organizer: PKO HARPAGAN, Ogarna 72 Street, 80-826 Gdansk, Poland
- Account number: PL 62 1090 1098 0000 0001 0362 6857
- SWIFT (BIC) code: WBKPPLPP
- Transfer description: Harpagan [YOUR ROUTE] [YOUR NAME]
2b. Pay just before the start at the headquarters (late fee) – cash needed!
3. Come and have fun!